Best race-sag setting on yz450

5 replies to this topic
  • RCH_VisualMedia

Posted 17 June 2003 - 10:40 PM

Hello fellow thumpers!
I was hoping to get some advice on race-sag setting. What is the optimum or recommended setting distance? I had a pro rider friend of mine at the track set it for me but he wasnt sure if it was right for me. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motomike137

Posted 18 June 2003 - 02:09 AM

Start in the 95-100 mm range and then make small changes from there based on how the bike feels to you on any given day. If the bike feels like it's riding low in the rear and pushing the front end, dial in a little more preload and vice versa.

• IBS007

Posted 18 June 2003 - 07:35 AM

Depends on what kind of riding you do. The manual is a great resource on suspen. settings. Always start with the stock settings. 3.5 in i believe is the stock setting for a MX application.

• Guest_yz450fcrasher_*

Posted 18 June 2003 - 12:29 PM

motocrossaction says 101mm without touchin any clikers but i run it 92mm, i like things tight just like my girlfrends!! :) :D :D

• bassr_#186

Posted 20 June 2003 - 10:05 AM

Which issue of MX Action provides suggested settings for the 450? I would like to take a look at what they have to say.

• Guest_yz450fcrasher_*

Posted 20 June 2003 - 11:24 AM

Which issue of MX Action provides suggested settings for the 450? I would like to take a look at what they have to say.

the november 2002 issue introduction of the yzf 450 first test ride from motocrossaction! so there you go! :D :) :D also tells you how they fiddled with the stock forks!! :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.