Dies When clutch is pulled (07 WR450F)

7 replies to this topic
  • HaloSix4

Posted August 04, 2010 - 02:17 PM

Today I went for about a 5 hour ride, on the way back it started pouring rain, I was soaked in about 3 seconds. It was all fine until I came back to my house, at the stop sign I pulled the clutch and the bike died, and would not start or run with out giving it throttle or having the choke on, it will not idle in neutral either. Any Help is appreciated I have a big ride on the weekend and would hate to miss it.

Thanks

• William1

Posted August 04, 2010 - 04:22 PM

Clean the carb, sounds like debris in it.

• HaloSix4

Posted August 04, 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hmm, that's odd, since I just cleaned it, but U just got my JD Jet Kit so I guess I'll just install that, another question regarding the jet kit, there is supposed to be a red and blue tip screws, but they are both just gold how do I know witch is witch.

Thanks

• William1

Posted August 04, 2010 - 09:14 PM

Screws??? you mean needles, right? Yes, the top/flat should be colored. If not, call/email James Dean

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HaloSix4

Posted August 05, 2010 - 06:57 AM

Ya sorry needles, I'll figure them out.

• WR_Dave

Posted August 06, 2010 - 05:54 AM

Today I went for about a 5 hour ride, on the way back it started pouring rain, I was soaked in about 3 seconds. It was all fine until I came back to my house, at the stop sign I pulled the clutch and the bike died, and would not start or run with out giving it throttle or having the choke on, it will not idle in neutral either. Any Help is appreciated I have a big ride on the weekend and would hate to miss it.

Thanks

How wet did your air filter get on the way back, it may have been fouled with water and would only work when the engine is at a higher RPM? Just a thought. :banana: WR Dave

• HaloSix4

Posted August 06, 2010 - 07:43 AM

It rained for about 3 hours, and about a foot or more water on the ground that I was going through at high speed so its hard to say, But I'll be doing my jets soon and hopefully that's all it is.

• HaloSix4

Posted August 06, 2010 - 06:42 PM

Alright, I did the Jetting and put on the new exhaust and it runs fine now, so it mush have been the jets. Thanks for the help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.