new leo vince, header pipe glowing on warmup

3 replies to this topic
  • stev0

Posted August 03, 2010 - 10:03 AM

I just dumped on a new leo vince x3 2004 YZ pipe on my 06 WR450. This is the model before the inserts came into play. Man it sound good, but I noticed my header started to glow on the warm up? My guess is I need to rejet, but my stock gutted pipe never gave me any issues?

The bike was started at night and then warmed up.

Ideas?

• stev0

Posted August 03, 2010 - 10:05 AM

Oh forgot to mention, it was also shooting 2 inch flames every now and then on the decel.

I still have AIS installed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted August 03, 2010 - 10:43 AM

Glowing thin wall header is normal.

Having the AIS contributes somewhat to the decel popping but then again, so does an open pipe.
You probably need to go up a size or two on the main and a down a clip or teo on the needle. But, if the bike runs good, all may ok already. All you can do is experiment using a stop watch to see if there is improvement.

• stev0

Posted August 03, 2010 - 10:56 AM

Sounds damn good!

Ill plug the AIS and see whats up...

Ive read that its pretty normal on the glowing pipe... but it could also be lean...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.