race tech springs

1 reply to this topic
  • yamahasocal450

Posted June 17, 2003 - 02:52 PM

my friend just got the factory oneal yz450f with race tech suspension and he thinks the springs are too stiff so hes going to swap them for the stock ones and im probably going to get the springs and the yz stock exhaust for my wr... do you guys thing this would be good for the wr... stiffer springs with more power? thanks :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RunAnywhere

Posted June 17, 2003 - 03:31 PM

I've been looking into the race tech setup as well. My understanding is that just doing a partial rebuild on your forks or your shock won't get you anywhere near the ride that you are hoping for. When you order the valve kit, it comes with a video and charts that map the bike, rider, weight, skill, etc.. Basically, the springs w\out the valves is like a bigger main jet w\out any more air.

Good luck,

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.