Cam Follower Bucket Question

4 replies to this topic
  • GCannon

Posted August 03, 2010 - 08:24 AM

I am getting a new cam. I was looking at the online parts Schematic and the buckets come in three different designations Blue, Yellow or Black. My exhaust are Yellow and my Intake are Blue

My Question is what is the exact differences in the cam followers between the three color designations?

Thanks'

• grayracer513

Posted August 03, 2010 - 08:40 AM

They are designators of different fit sizes in extremely small increments.

Obviously best to match them up, but if the correct lifters are unavailable without a huge delay, you should be OK with the black ones (3FV-12153-00-00)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted August 03, 2010 - 02:37 PM

What Dimension Diameter?

• grayracer513

Posted August 03, 2010 - 03:00 PM

I'm pretty certain it's the diameter, but there is no documentation of it that I'm aware of. In the automotive world, it used to be quite common to see lifters offered in .0005" oversizes, and to be honest, it's more or less a guess on my part that this is the case here. It's come up before, and I've never had any feedback to indicate it's turned out to be wrong.

• GCannon

Posted August 03, 2010 - 03:06 PM

Thanks I was curious.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.