Street legal in Ca.

1 reply to this topic
  • Riverparkdude

Posted February 01, 2001 - 11:01 AM

I am interested in making a WR426 or YZ426 street legal in CA. I like what I have seen, experienced, and heard about the motorcycle. It will live in the dirt except for a rare case when needed to get to work for a day or two. I contacted Baja Designs and they said it would have to be registered in Vermont for 90 days, steet kit installed then re-registered and inspected here in Ca. Has anyone done this to their own bike or is it more trouble then its worth?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyin_blue

Posted February 01, 2001 - 05:09 PM

River,
Is registering the bike in Vermont first something new? I was talking with some guys the other day and they said that the DMV will not allow the WR or the YZ to be registered as a street legal bike, something about the emissions. They were telling me that the DR can still be registered once the requirements are met (Baja Designs kit).
I thought about doing this to my YZ400 but it would be really expensive once you buy the stator, baja kit, and of course, you would want a larger tank too. It would be far less expensive to transform a WR, which already has two of the three, into a street legal machine.
It would be awesome to be able to connect trails together and from what I have been told, it would give you access to all green sticker areas and Forestry Roads too! Big plus, being that it's about impossible to get a green sticker anymore.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.