KYB Fork Problem!

4 replies to this topic
  • iDuner

Posted July 31, 2010 - 10:16 PM

Ok well i was servicing my kyb dual chamber fork today. My problem is my Compression valve plastic piece is broken. Is there any where i can buy just the plastic piece and not the whole compression assembly. Thanks

• Swapper265

Posted August 01, 2010 - 01:25 AM

Find your local KYB dealer and they can source you these parts individually, and more than likely will have them in stock. It seems as though you have already found out that Yamaha do not sell individually.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DBMX 925

Posted August 01, 2010 - 01:44 AM

Dave at Smart Performance can help you out. Even has a fix for that problem.

www.SMARTPerformanceInc.com - www.SPI-Racing.com
Contact info@smartperformanceinc.com - 408-406-2089
Engineering and Testing - KYB-SHOWA-WP
DIY tuning kits and OEM parts - Dell Taco - EPNP - CLOVER - 215.VM2.K5 - PHASE 4 (WR and KTM)

• RJB

Posted August 01, 2010 - 07:15 AM

Dave at Smart Performance can help you out. Even has a fix for that problem.

www.SMARTPerformanceInc.com - www.SPI-Racing.com
Contact info@smartperformanceinc.com - 408-406-2089
Engineering and Testing - KYB-SHOWA-WP
DIY tuning kits and OEM parts - Dell Taco - EPNP - CLOVER - 215.VM2.K5 - PHASE 4 (WR and KTM)

+1 on Dave. Took mine apart only to find the plastic cracked and in bits. Dave fixed me right up and his drilled replacements have been fine since. A whole lot cheaper than replacing as per the Yamaha parts catalog

• crf450319

Posted August 01, 2010 - 09:40 AM

Here's a link started from someone who's had the exact same problem :
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=650136

And the "fix" for it :
http://www.smartperf.../YZMODASSEM.htm

This info is in the "Common Threads: Look here 1st! Mods, Maintenance, Common Issues and FAQ's" section at the top of the forum. Although it would have been better to have read it before your free piston broke, at least now when you replace the part you can perform the mod (I did) and you won't have to worry about this again.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.