cannot back bleed front brake

3 replies to this topic
  • Adammoto

Posted July 31, 2010 - 10:05 AM

I'm trying to bleed the front brake on my 2009 YZ450F using the back bleed method with a syringe, but I can't force any fluid from the bleed screw up to the master cylinder. I could get fluid to return to the MC compressing the pistons, but only by using a C-clamp with a lot of pressure. I'm guessing the MC valve is not allowing fluid to return to the reservoir...can anyone confirm that? Any other suggestions? This brake has always been really tough to bleed. Thanks.

• Adammoto

Posted July 31, 2010 - 11:18 AM

Please disregard previous post - the brake back bleeds normally after just taking apart the MC and putting it back together. No idea why this worked, I didn't find any dirt or anything else obvious in the MC. I'm going riding:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 31, 2010 - 04:44 PM

Something to beware of with the '08 and up models is that they require a different lever. If you use one for an earlier model, whether it's OEM or aftermarket, or it just doesn't fit right, it can cause several problems, including the brake locking up when it gets hot.

• RJB

Posted August 01, 2010 - 07:18 AM

I'm trying to bleed the front brake on my 2009 YZ450F using the back bleed method with a syringe, but I can't force any fluid from the bleed screw up to the master cylinder. I could get fluid to return to the MC compressing the pistons, but only by using a C-clamp with a lot of pressure. I'm guessing the MC valve is not allowing fluid to return to the reservoir...can anyone confirm that? Any other suggestions? This brake has always been really tough to bleed. Thanks.

I just let gravity take care of the bleeding on the front. Open up and keep topping the reservoir up. Works a treat for me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.