P.M.B. muffler insert

4 replies to this topic
  • daytripper63

Posted June 17, 2003 - 04:45 AM

I ran my p.m.b. insert for the first time this weekend and unbelievable power loss!!!
I felt like i was riding a 125
It lasted all of 10 minutes and i pulled it out
If i wanted a 125 i would have bought one

• Poway Rider

Posted June 17, 2003 - 04:56 AM

I also have one and was not happy with it. It took me about 5 minutes to remove mine. My buddies were even giving me a hard time about it, since the bike sounded like a gelding! The only reason I'll keep it is if I see a ranger testing for noise...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted June 17, 2003 - 05:12 AM

I have the PMB and the GYT-R baffle. The PMB isn't a bad baffle it would just take some jetting work to make it run right. It took away the mid and top range but did give low end power. Granted not as much as running uncorked.

Personally I like the GYT-R better. Mid and top range are much better for my setup

• ddialogue

Posted June 17, 2003 - 06:07 AM

My brother-in-law said the same thing about his GYT-R. He removed his after about ten minutes too because he was too lazy to jet his bike for the insert.

Jetting, jetting, jetting... :)

• beezer

Posted June 17, 2003 - 07:33 AM

I like my bike quiet. Jetting makes a big difference. I don't think it's as slow as you say. A loud bike can make you think you got more power. Harley riders think they have a fast bike.

I called ProMoto and they said you can drill out every other hole for more noise.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.