What Causes my WR450f to Backfire?

3 replies to this topic
  • 4esh_numa

Posted July 31, 2010 - 05:15 AM

Hello All,

I have noticed only very few times my WR450f backfiring is this normal?

Is there anything i can do about this?

if you have time have a look at the link below, it is kind of the same just not as frequent.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Please Help

Kind Regards,

James

• William1

Posted July 31, 2010 - 09:05 AM

Open exhaust - Not stock muffler
Air leak in exhaust
Inoperable ACV
Excessively lean jetting

These are typically the main reasons

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4esh_numa

Posted July 31, 2010 - 03:17 PM

Thanks William1

I have FMF power pipe on it, maybe thats why. i will go over these things.

Regards,

James

• William1

Posted July 31, 2010 - 04:49 PM

Open pipe is the number one reason., Stock bike has decel pops but the muffler, well, muffles it. Also, when a lot of guys change a header, they reuse the gasket in the head. Sometimes you can, sometimes you cannot. Also a hard fall can jam the pipe against the gasket, malforming it and also creating a leak. Lastly, if everything checks out and all you have are some pops and not explosions, let it go. Do not try to jet it away unless you want to slow the bike down.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.