08 Wr450 Vent hoses

4 replies to this topic
  • yamaha_guy

Posted July 29, 2010 - 07:33 AM

I have read many posts about the bikes sucking in water, sand and garbage that isn't good for the motor. Then i read a post stating that on the 08 WR450 yamaha has vented the case breather toward the top of the bike. Is this true? What is the best way to reduce my chance of getting garbage in my motor? Can I simply zip-tie my breathers up toward the top?

• mlynn450

Posted July 29, 2010 - 08:04 PM

They are vented into the air box,if they are the same as an 07.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha_guy

Posted July 29, 2010 - 09:07 PM

if you say it is vented into the airbox then I should see a vent hose running into it correct? Just want to make sure when I go out and start looking around

• mlynn450

Posted July 30, 2010 - 12:33 PM

Look on the flywheel side of the motor just below the carburetor bowl you will see a vent hose coming off the starter gear housing that goes into a tee where the valve cover vent is also tied into that tee, then from there it goes into the bottom of the air box back on the flywheel side just above the air box drain.

• yamaha_guy

Posted August 01, 2010 - 06:07 AM

I did see that hose you were talking about. Thank you for the help!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.