Magura "Jack" Brake Tough Enough ?

2 replies to this topic
  • HighPlainsWR

Posted June 16, 2003 - 04:17 PM

I'm at odds with my bike tech. Usually he's right, but this time I think he's wrong.

Got a WR450 with a Revloc clutch and want a hydraulic left-hand brake with a T-Joint/Check Ball steel braided in to my rear caliper. I say a good juice clutch like a Magura "Jack" will do the job of actuating the rear brake calipers. He says it has to be a beefier juice clutch off a street bike (yuk !).

Who do you think is right ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 19, 2003 - 09:53 AM

Figure out the bore diameter and the stroke of the stock rear brake M/C and find something that is similar. Might be the Magura 'Jack' might not be. Somewhere around here there was a post with an aftermarket m/c set-up for this type of thing. Might try searching?

Brian

• TeamScream

Posted June 22, 2003 - 06:26 PM

Another issue with the Magura Juice (clutch) is that it uses mineral oil and not brake fluid, so that rules that out as a brake actuator unless you rig a way for the rod that pulls in on the Magura slave cylinder to actually pull up on the actuator of the slave for the rear brake caliper.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.