2007 yz450f problem

4 replies to this topic
  • case77

Posted July 28, 2010 - 11:30 AM

i got this bike not to long ago and it doesnt have many hours on it. i rode it the first time and the oil blow by tube was blowing out a lot of oil. This can be 2 things, the oil was not over filled it was at the correct amount, and i went ahead and installed OEM rings. The piston was stock and was in almost new condition. I rode it after installing them the next day. There is still an abnormal amount of oil coming out of the blow by tube, not as much as the first time i rode it. But the problem now is the little hole on the right side of the cylinder ( i think its the weipe hole for the spark plug is leaking fluid, after a day of moto's alot of fluid has came out of it. I check the coolant and oil after each time i did a moto and there both full. somebody please help ???

• outcast623

Posted July 28, 2010 - 11:32 AM

could it be the valve cover leaking instead on the breather tube? and it is also leaking into the spark plug hole?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • STROKEDIESEL

Posted July 28, 2010 - 12:10 PM

that hole on the side of the cylinder is for anyhting that gets down the sp hole. VC gasket sounds blown.

• gdbarr1976

Posted July 28, 2010 - 01:11 PM

My guess is you have a bad cylinder/piston. The piston/cylinder/rings is not keeping the compression in the top of the cylinder. It's blowing by into the bottom end and forcing oil up into the valve train area and the only place it has to go then is out the vent hose. I'm guessing new cyclinder. Sorry, but only a guess.

• case77

Posted August 02, 2010 - 05:40 PM

The piston is in good shape, the sleeve had just small scratches nothing to the point where it would need to be re sleeved, so i just took a honing tool to a electric drill and swiped it in there a few times, but i installed new rings just in case

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.