Wipe Out Rule #1

29 replies to this topic
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 19, 2003 - 05:53 AM

Adrenaline, yep, I agree. Thats why you never hear of anybody dozing off behind the wheel while driving at 140MPH on the freeway. But at 50-60MPH, people fall asleep at the wheel :), and kill themselves, and others everyday.

• jschner

Posted June 19, 2003 - 07:13 AM

If your on trail 6 at Foresthill at the WCTT ride and you dump it and there is no one around to see it, did it really ever happen? :)

Posted June 19, 2003 - 09:51 AM

Its not a crash or a wipe out

I am trying out a new trick for Metz

I wanna see a picture of that!!!

Bonzai :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 19, 2003 - 10:19 AM

Here ya Go Yami

When ya get to the GMBII I will show ya How I did it.

BTW Thats Blue one watching in disbelief
Posted Image

• adamwagar

Posted June 23, 2003 - 05:54 AM

You were going so fast you bent the front rim. Unreal... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Missile

Posted June 23, 2003 - 06:11 AM

If it hurts it counts!

• oldbones

Posted June 24, 2003 - 05:41 AM

So, Sunday as I launched off the side of the trail into a steep V-shaped ravine, all I thought of was how to stick the landing. (never crossed my mind that I was about to break my neck by headplanting and leaving a 4-6" depression in the ground) Unfortunately, although I did achieve complete seperation with the bike for a while, we (the bike and I) were blissfully rejoined when it decided to try to overtake me in my frantic tumbling through the weeds and muck. So, as I lay half in the little burble or creek coming from the culvert (the one buried under the trail I just departed, like 10 feet under!) I realized to my dismay that both of my legs were pinned under the bike and the spark arrestor was trying to burn a new hole in my a$$. Alas, how to truly stick the landing? All I could do was try to straighten my upper body (it almost worked, ah relief as I realize I am not paralized) and thrust my arms skyward (it almost worked too, only I was not sure which way was up). Now, would someone PLEASE get this thing off me?

It only took five guys to get the bike back up to the level of the trail. We basically just had to lift it into the air, move it six inches up the hill, and set it down. Repeat...

Testament to my WR - My helmet sustained more damage than the bike did. Twisted the clutch lever and decomp lever back around to the "front" side of the bar, kicked for 5 minutes (I guess the carb is not approved for sustained inverted maneuvering) and ride shakily down the muddy trail!

Tight trail, so only the guy directly behind me actually witnessed the headlong tumble into the abyss, but the ravine was so steep he said it was more like I just disappeared, couldn't believe it when he jumped off his bike to peer over the edge and see me "sticking the landing".

• gloft

Posted June 24, 2003 - 09:26 AM

This past weekend, dropped bike in about 3' of water after hitting a large submerged moss covered rock in a mountain stream. Completely swamped the bike which fell over on top of me. I remember thinking for a second while I was under water it would look awfully funny to have the caption "Drowned in 3' of water under nice clean Yamaha" on my headstone. Does this qualify? :)

Posted June 24, 2003 - 09:51 AM

I am one of the lucky few that has never crashed. Just in case I ever did, I used to practice "throwing away" the bike so I wouldn't get caught up in it, usually from a standing position in while in the parking areas. But I have never had to use my throw-away skills.

If you crash, does it hurt?

• Eagle426

Posted June 24, 2003 - 10:24 AM

Here is my $.02 worth. If the crash does not hurt, try something new- HIGHER GEARS! Yours should be real similar to the rest of the bikes, try 1 down and 4 up on the little shifter "thingy" down by your left toes!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.