426 clutch issue

3 replies to this topic
  • nugie

Posted July 26, 2010 - 06:12 PM

I have a 2000 yz 426 that I just picked up a motor for from ebay and started bolting it in when I noticed the clutch had zero tension other than from the little spring. What could this be and would the motor have to be split to do any work on the clutch?

• 09speeddemon

Posted July 26, 2010 - 08:12 PM

Just pull the side cover off on the left side. there is 7 or 8 bolts in a circle and see if there is even clutch plates in it. Very easy job (you can change and install the clutch by removing this cover only)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 26, 2010 - 09:33 PM

It's normal to an extent. Connect the cable and try adjusting before you panic.

• nugie

Posted July 27, 2010 - 02:15 AM

It's normal to an extent. Connect the cable and try adjusting before you panic.

no no I have the old motor right next to me and lots of tension on that one. Im guessing there is probably no clutch in it

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.