GPR 2.0 stabilizer...anyone?

7 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted June 16, 2003 - 09:27 AM

Any of you guys on the bleeding edge purchase the new GPR 2.0 stabilizer yet? I would like to hear any impressions/opinions you might have regarding it.

Posted Image

• BrandonW

Posted June 16, 2003 - 10:27 AM

Looks as though RTT may now have a little competition for my stabilizing up-grade dollars.

I have a Scott's, and have no issues with it, other than bulk in where it mounts, and RTT bringing me a thumb-mounted lever really caught my eye.

I hear that Mr. GPR really goes out of his way to offer support at events.

Any cost numbers yet?

• Machster

Posted June 16, 2003 - 10:31 AM

Dave,
I just got off the phone with Joey at Gpr.(I was ordering parts for my new unit) He said the 2.0 is a prototype at this time, though they will sell it to the general public with some stipulations. It mounts underneath and raises the bars a good inch! Hope this helps! :D :)

• live_to_ride

Posted June 16, 2003 - 07:33 PM

Raising the bars one inch with a riser also moves them back 14 mm unfortunately. That is the stabilizer I will order if gpr ever gets back to me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted July 04, 2003 - 09:42 AM

My GPR 2.0 FINALLY ARRIVED!!! I am somewhat disappointed in GPR. I unpacked it and it was oozing oil from several of the bolts. ALL of the allen bolts keeping the top plate on were LOOSE! It didn't appear to have lost much oil but I'm worried that I'll need to have this new unit serviced. That means riding downtime as this is an all-in-one unit. It seems to have a "dead" spot where there is no dampening (left and right) from dead center. So, I can basically turn the bars a 1/4 inch left and right with no dampening. Is this caused by the oil loss or is it normal? I have never used a stabilizer before and I don't know what to expect.

The fit and finish of this stabilizer is excellent. Not too sure about the DH triple clamp though (kinda ugly and the WR mounting hardware didn't fit well) but it all worked out just fine. There were no torque specs for the clamp or the stabilizer included. I like torque specs (I'm kinda anal that way. :))

GPR 2.0 Photos!

• Machster

Posted July 07, 2003 - 05:10 AM

Dave,
Is that your bike in the pics?...if so I like your gas cap vent!!! :D Looks mighty familiar
:) :D

• ddialogue

Posted July 07, 2003 - 02:06 PM

Dave,
Is that your bike in the pics?...if so I like your gas cap vent!!! :) Looks mighty familiar
:D :D

Yes, that's my bike in the pics!! THANKS for the link to vent cap, BTW. It's matches nicely with this: Reservoir cap :D

• ddialogue

Posted July 10, 2003 - 03:30 PM

I wanted to let everyone know that the dead spot I was referring to was caused by a lack of oil. The oil that had seeped out during shipping created an air pocket inside the stabilizer. I spoke with GPR and they advised me how to fill and bleed the stabilizer. Works GREAT now!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.