WR426F crash. Springs or Tires

1 reply to this topic
  • BCN_Runner

Posted June 16, 2003 - 07:30 AM

Did anybody had a crash braking hard a WR426F on the street?

A few months ago I had it. Fortunately I always wear helmet and protections, and I can explain it.
I was driving too fast in the city (over 50 miles/h) crossing a bridge, but just arriving to the top, I see all the traffic stopped, I braked hard with both brakes, the front wheel start to slide, I attempt to control the lever several times but the bike starts to sway quickly and I was launched to the slope of the bridge sliding in parallel with the bike (only one glove wasted up to burn my hand, but not too serious).
When I repaired the bike (handlebar, brake lever, right white cover) I thought the problem could be the front springs too hard, I'm very light (only 130 lbs) so I changed it to two size softer. The bike improved on all conditions, and now when I'm braking it has more front sinks, like if I were more heavy, but I can't still block the front wheel lifting the rear on the street.
I think it must be necessary. Is possible that stock tires (soft rubber) could be the problem?
With other off-road tires can I brake safety on the street?

Thanks or any helpful advice

:thumbsup:From now I will follow your advice:

NEVER DRIVES FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrkaholic

Posted June 16, 2003 - 11:04 AM

I lost it in a similar situation in the dirt. Personally, I think it is the Dunlop 739 front tire. It just washed out from under me. I do not like this tire. I ride mostly on looser stuff.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.