Punctured rear brake line... Braided hose time?

2 replies to this topic
  • stev0

Posted July 25, 2010 - 12:32 PM

This happened and left me with no rear brakes...

Posted Image

You guys think I should go braided hoses or just get a replacement part.

I use the bike as a sumo also, but the brakes on the street feel adequate. Perhaps on the track the braided hoses will make a difference?

So, should I replace both hoses with braided lines or just replace the rear with a OEM Yamaha rubber line?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted July 25, 2010 - 01:18 PM

I doubt you'll notice any difference going to a braided line but I think it may be cheaper. So a stronger line and less expensive.... sort of a no brainer, I suspect...

Maybe a good deal can be had if you do them both at the same time. The front will certainly make a difference in Sumo trim, not so much on the dirt.

• stev0

Posted July 26, 2010 - 12:12 AM

You were right,

I can get front and rear fren tubo braided lines for the price of 1 OEM rear line....

madness!

Will be going the braided route then :smirk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.