Magura Hymec Hydraulic Clutch.

13 replies to this topic
  • BigMike

Posted January 31, 2001 - 01:47 AM

Anybody out there using the hydraulic clutch
set up on their yz426? I have been thinking about setting mine up with one to reduce clutch pull and to capitalize on its self adjustment.

• Tom_N

Posted January 31, 2001 - 05:44 AM

I am interested in this also, I have riden a friends ktm400sx which has a wet clutch and is a single finger operation.. liked it a lot!!

How much does a kit like this cost?

• jimt_yz400

Posted January 31, 2001 - 06:01 AM

I'm using a Magura Billitanium on my 250F and it is REALLY nice!! No more adjusting the clutch and it's a little easier pull. Not a
one finger pull but nice and consistent.

• Hick

Posted January 31, 2001 - 08:56 AM

You may want to post this question on the WR side, I believe a few guys over there have tried the Magura and Hebo units.

Here is some older posts from there on this topic:

Hebo post.
Magura post.

• Taffy

Posted January 31, 2001 - 12:02 PM

i've got one o my WZ. it's brilliant.

the big difference?

well i would ride around slimy rocks & logs & i had to pull the lever in originally with all four fingers.

but you can't hold a bike with your thumb!!!

so i'd try & use the throttle to get out of trouble. you just can't. it's a bl*** waste of time.

now i feather the clutch with two fingers on the bar & two on the lever.

with the flywheel weight i use no throttle at all & can chug anywhere.

not the best value per £ spent but you can't knock the quality & the improvement it makes.

BTW. i broke the clamp on me hols & couldn't get one. just walk in your katoom dealer & order it there in black (they come gunmetal).

see KTM's are good for something! now where's my fishing rod...

Taffy

• flyinguitars

Posted January 31, 2001 - 12:37 PM

Yea,
I got one on my YR....just kidding with you Taffy!
Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 31, 2001 - 02:34 PM

How much does a complete hydrolic kit go for?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigMike

Posted February 01, 2001 - 04:07 AM

Hymec goes for 269.95 for the yz426

Originally posted by needathumper_:
How much does a complete hydrolic kit go for?

• blbainb

Posted February 02, 2001 - 08:47 PM

I put a Magura hydraulic clutch setup on my '01 426 and couldn't be happier. Probably the best upgrade I've done (so far). I really didn't like having to readjust the clutch play and once it cost me decent start in a race (pulled me into the gate as I reved the bike at the 5 second mark because I'd forgotten to adjust it prior to lining up). Now I've completely forgotten about it. No more adjustments, super smooth feel. Not a lighter feel but very smooth and progressive. Installation was very simple and I've had no problems since (3 months).

I pulled the rubber 'booty' off the stock clutch cable to protect plunger better from dirt (should have been stock) and added some tape to enhance the protection. Other than that it's been fine. Pretty pricey but very nice.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 06, 2001 - 01:13 PM

I put one on my 99 400 and the problem that I've had is when I turn the front wheel all the way to the right it wants to put my decompression lever in enough to kill the bike. Happened this weekend in springfield during an arenacross race. Did you leave your original decompression lever on?

Yelyz400

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 27, 2001 - 07:07 PM

Originally posted by blbainb:
I put a Magura hydraulic clutch setup on my '01 426 and couldn't be happier. Probably the best upgrade I've done (so far). I really didn't like having to readjust the clutch play and once it cost me decent start in a race (pulled me into the gate as I reved the bike at the 5 second mark because I'd forgotten to adjust it prior to lining up). Now I've completely forgotten about it. No more adjustments, super smooth feel. Not a lighter feel but very smooth and progressive. Installation was very simple and I've had no problems since (3 months).

I pulled the rubber 'booty' off the stock clutch cable to protect plunger better from dirt (should have been stock) and added some tape to enhance the protection. Other than that it's been fine. Pretty pricey but very nice.

• PK

Posted March 04, 2001 - 08:55 AM

I put a Hebo clutch on my YZ400 and ran into the problem of the compression release getting too tight when I turned to the left so I mounted it with the lever below the handlebar. Made the difference.

Pat
99 YZ400

• Numpsy

Posted March 04, 2001 - 10:58 PM

Solving the decomp. problem is easy....
Just re-route the dcomp. cable.
Mine works as a charm :)
I know I have said this before, but if You are planning to get a Magura clutch beware that You get the latest model with the Aluminium slave cylinder head cap.
The old style with plastic caps is no good!!

Hope this helps, Numpsy

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 05, 2001 - 07:48 AM

numsey

I have tried rerouting the cable and it still does it. which route did you take with the cable I need help with this.

Yelyz400

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.