Yamaha WR450F Enduro-Motard 2 differences

3 replies to this topic
  • zekulinoc

Posted July 25, 2010 - 09:15 AM

Hello everybody,
i'm happy cause i will buy a wr450f and i want to ask some question about this motocross.
I want it for road(i mean i wanna change the wheels and i will do it supermotard),my problem is the moto is enduro and the person who have it he use it for mountain.I think so if the moto have something wrong because if it use it only for mountain maybe is tired and if i use it for road maybe face a problem.

• YamaLink

Posted July 26, 2010 - 07:25 AM

You're thinking the WRF may be too worn out since the previous owner used it for mountain riding? If he took good care of it the motor and transmission will not be too used for your motard use which will require longer periods of higher rpm riding.

There are quite a few WR450F owners who have converted theirs to street use. Good info is on ThumperTalk and Supermoto Junkies.

Good luck and have fun!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SimonSaysHello

Posted August 30, 2010 - 03:30 PM

Be carefull if you Motard it I just blew my transmission running 70 down the highway
heard a snap then everything locked up even with the clutch in it still skidded to a stop.
Was alot of fun riding around town. Now its time to rebuild it.http://i1209.photobu...rd/DSC00201.jpg

Edited by SimonSaysHello, August 30, 2010 - 04:00 PM.

• SAthump

Posted August 31, 2010 - 05:51 PM

Keep us updated on what caused the trany to go.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.