How much should i sell my bike for?????

19 replies to this topic
  • 426FORLIFE

Posted July 24, 2010 - 04:02 PM

hello I recently have completely overhauled my 2000 yz 426F bought the bike fo 1400 and here are all the things i have done to it:

Brand new wiseco crank assymbly
new wiseco piston kit
yz450 carb to get rid of yamabog
new black excel rims
blue hubs
new spokes
new rear and front desert it tires
new ultra heavy duty tubes
frame , engine gards, case covers and SWING ARM powder coated black
stock exhaust with blue powder coat
new tranny gears.
EVERY SINGLE BEARING ON THE BIKE REPLACED
EVERY SEAL REPLACED
new camshafts
new timing chain
new gas tank and custom graphics from brmoffroad TRIBAL
new fork seals and revalved
rear suspension rebuilt and new blue spring
any rusty bolts i found were replaced with new bolts
new black plastics
new sprocket kit

BASICLLY i made it a brand new 2000 yz426f and it looks very very tough! please let me know what would be a good high and low price to sell the bike at! thanks guys

• grayracer513

Posted July 24, 2010 - 04:27 PM

I'll give you my honest estimate, but you won't like it. The unfortunate fact is that you'll never recover your investment, or even close to it. All of that stuff you bought for it is of far more value to you than to anyone else, and won't really add much to the resale value of the bike on the open market.

First, if you paid that much for a YZ426 that needed all of that done to it, you paid about $5-600 more than you should have had to. Now that it's done, you could try asking for $2300 or so and see if you get lucky, but I doubt you'll sell it for more than $1800, if that.

• jt1872001

Posted July 24, 2010 - 04:52 PM

Part it out. $500 for the wheels $1000 for motor . frame with title 400. carb 100
forks 300 shock 250 exhaust 200 ect... you could probaly get over $3000

• myoung

Posted July 24, 2010 - 05:38 PM

hello I recently have completely overhauled my 2000 yz 426F bought the bike fo 1400 and here are all the things i have done to it:

Brand new wiseco crank assymbly
new wiseco piston kit
yz450 carb to get rid of yamabog
new black excel rims
blue hubs
new spokes
new rear and front desert it tires
new ultra heavy duty tubes
frame , engine gards, case covers and SWING ARM powder coated black
stock exhaust with blue powder coat
new tranny gears.
EVERY SINGLE BEARING ON THE BIKE REPLACED
EVERY SEAL REPLACED
new camshafts
new timing chain
new gas tank and custom graphics from brmoffroad TRIBAL
new fork seals and revalved
rear suspension rebuilt and new blue spring
any rusty bolts i found were replaced with new bolts
new black plastics
new sprocket kit

BASICLLY i made it a brand new 2000 yz426f and it looks very very tough! please let me know what would be a good high and low price to sell the bike at! thanks guys

When did you pay $1400, was that years ago? Was it a clapped out bike that needed all this work, or did you just want to build a custom one off bike to ride? Did you do all this work to keep it, or sell it?

Hate to say it, but when people are selling '06 and later 450's for $2000 to $3000, you'll be hard pressed do any better with an '00 426. The only way you're going to see a decent return on this one is to part it out. As a complete bike, even with all your goodies you'll be lucky to get $1500 to $2000.

• MrBlahh

Posted July 24, 2010 - 05:57 PM

yz426's sell for about 1500-2000 $ here in good condition

• forklord

Posted July 24, 2010 - 06:13 PM

I wanna see pics~!

• 426FORLIFE

Posted July 24, 2010 - 07:17 PM

well not looking to get sell it or anything i was really just curious and bought it almost exactlly a year ago july 4 2009 from a guy in houston (woodlands) rode it for trail riding only rode it probablly 2 a month and was first owner and well i love the bike and 2 months ago the bottom rod bearing froze up and while i had it taken apart i decided to just make it a brand new bike. and i will put pics up soon dont have a camera all money was invested in bike $$$$$$$

well thanks guys i really appreciate it

• myoung

Posted July 24, 2010 - 08:24 PM

Ahhh.......yeah, sometimes you really don't want to know. LOL :smirk:

• DMC707

Posted July 25, 2010 - 11:34 AM

Dont sell it yet, --- enjoy the mods and updates, --- (if you have to sell it, i understand, but its very hhard to recoup your investment on something like that)

• 426FORLIFE

Posted July 25, 2010 - 04:22 PM

yeah well i came into this knowing i would probablly lose money but it was definitlly fun and i am glad i wont have to worry about anything giving way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • almostinvincible119

Posted July 25, 2010 - 10:27 PM

Sold my well used, yet well maintained 06 for $2300

• crf450319

Posted July 27, 2010 - 06:31 AM

If I had your bike and I was looking at selling, I'd take all of the aftermarket parts off and replace them with the stockers. That is, assuming you still have the orig. parts. Then sell the parts/bike seperately.

Like others, I'm not trying to be rude or a d*ck but all of those aftermarket parts won't really get you much more $$ than a comparable bike that's all stock. The age of the bike doesn't matter, anytime you spend $$ on aftermarket bling consider that you won't see that money again. Keeping that in mind does influence some of the purchases I make.

• jcm3

Posted September 08, 2010 - 06:10 PM

Aside from not getting your money out of it, if you sell it you'll have to change your username. :ride:

• 426FORLIFE

Posted September 20, 2010 - 11:52 AM

well after 4 months and lots of broken tools its done EVERY BOLT AND BEARING has been replaced anything damaged dented has been replaced just need new plastics and graphics.Posted Image

• MrBlahh

Posted September 20, 2010 - 11:56 AM

it looks like someone painted the forks and swingarm :ride:

• 426FORLIFE

Posted September 20, 2010 - 12:05 PM

yah decided to give it just a different look gotta love powder coat!!!

• MrBlahh

Posted September 20, 2010 - 01:52 PM

I have found it chips and then looks terrible, I wont powder coat a bike again, engine parts maybe, but not a frame/swingarm they get hit with rocks too often

• Swapper265

Posted September 22, 2010 - 03:18 AM

I have found it chips and then looks terrible, I wont powder coat a bike again, engine parts maybe, but not a frame/swingarm they get hit with rocks too often

That is very true. The second you ride that bike, it is going to look worse than when you started the project !!!

• rcdude33

Posted September 22, 2010 - 05:36 AM

426s go for like 1500 out here

• myoung

Posted September 22, 2010 - 08:21 PM

Didn't you have trouble with the powder on the fork tubes going into the clamps?

That's a lot of black and blue!! lol!!

Not my style, but nice effort!! :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.