2 ride oil

2 replies to this topic
  • golybrown

Posted July 23, 2010 - 10:46 PM

heres my problem,
im using motoul 5100 oil and everytime i replace the oil it lasts no more than 2 rides before it is completely black. Im riding an 08 yz450 with about 90 hours on the clock. I ride motocross and i don't think that i ride the clutch a lot. The bike has had no engine modifications and i replaced the clutch plates just after i bought the bike second hand. The guy before me was running no clutch freeplay and this burnt out the clutch. I have been having this problem for a couple of months when i done a woods ride and was really reliant on the clutch trying to get up some slippery hills. Any one know the cause? Please help?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 09speeddemon

Posted July 23, 2010 - 11:58 PM

Try a different oil i run rottella 2 rides and its still clean but i don't race... A buddy runs Lucas and he loves the stuff he races nationals but he said he can tell a difference in how the bike runs and feels from other oils...... To answer your question tho that about normal when you run a bike hard.

• grayracer513

Posted July 24, 2010 - 08:17 AM

Blackened oil is usually the result of oxidization from the oil's inability to tolerate the engine heat, or from fuel contamination. Try switching up to see if a different oil will react differently.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.