Dr. D Radiator Lowering Kit w/Guards???

1 reply to this topic
  • Mr. Neutron

Posted July 23, 2010 - 10:45 AM

Hey, Fellas!!

First of all, I'll apologize for not doing as thorough of a "SEARCH" as I'd like to..... I'm at work, where computer time isn't exactly "abundant", and I really won't have much time at home on the computer to do much researching there, either. So if this has been asked before, I apologize..... :cheers:

I just bought member Steve97060's 2006 YZ450F. It's a really nice bike. He's put some thoughtful mods into this bike, like an hour meter, a Zip-Ty Racing carb mod (not sure what's involved there.... :smirk: ), a Dr. D exhuast, and a Dr. D Radiator Lowering Kit. :ride: All really good stuff......

I'd like to put a set of radiator guards on the bike; I've always felt they were good insurance. Does anyone know if the radiator guards from, say, Devol Racing, Moose Racing, or Unabiker will fit w/o any interference probs when using the Dr. D radiator lowering kit? Just from looking at my new bike's radiators & shrouds, I'd guess there should be no problems, but it would sure be nice to know ahead of time before ordering......

Thanks for any suggestions, advice, or help y'all may have! :smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dvn

Posted July 23, 2010 - 12:45 PM

The lowering kit would not work with my Moose guards.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.