what's a go triple clamp for 99 yz400 to get more room..

6 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted January 30, 2001 - 02:51 AM

I thinking about changing the top clamp to get more riding room, any sugestions...
where to get one, if any is selling one

• Tom_Higdon

Posted January 30, 2001 - 05:46 AM

I just got one from GYT-R (the Yamaha factory racing arm) for my 01 426. It is a little pricey, but it gives you 4 different positions to try ( 2 mounting holes and reversing the handlebar clamps) Makes a BIG difference in both the corners and it is more comfortable for me jumping (I favor the rigor mortis jumping style, so I can move back a litlle and then freeze in terror).

• scottzx7rr

Posted January 30, 2001 - 09:36 AM

Applied has a adjustable one for the bike. I had asked about it because they say it gives it the ergos of the new bike with a 5mm offset like the 426 which makes the bike turn quicker and give the cockpit more room to move. Or you can go to the Pro-Taper Handlebar system it will raise the bars up when you install the universal mounts to the stock triples(I think that it raises it about 2 inches above the stock).

------------------
Scott #431
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"
Pics

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TheBOS

Posted January 30, 2001 - 09:48 AM

check www.BRPit.com

They are very helpful.

-Brett

• mikeolichney

Posted January 30, 2001 - 11:40 AM

Tom Higdons suggestion on GYT-R Tclamp is the one I would get. Check out the Yamaha accessories webpage for pictures. I have a Scotts Tclamp with steering damper, which is good quality but not enough forward (my armspan is like an ape at 6'4"). The GYT-R setup can put you more forward. My friend has a 250F with this setup and his bike fits me much better than my 426 with the Scotts Tclamp. The only issue is that the rebound damping screw is covered by the bars in the forward positions. When I get my WR250F, I will go with this t clamp, but use the optional 10mm higher perches and a CR-mid instead of my normal CR-Hi bend bars. Maybe then I can get at the adjustment without removing the bars. Good Luck!

• DPW

Posted January 31, 2001 - 02:22 AM

I second BRP, very helpful, priced good, and will custom build your clamps too.

Dennis '99 YZ400F

• smitty33

Posted January 31, 2001 - 05:44 AM

I just installed the Factory Connection T-clamp on my 00 426.
Rubber mounted, great quality and good price.
http://www.fastbydes...om/reviews.html

------------------
Hold it Wide...
http://www.fastbydesign.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.