99 wr400 reg/rec battery wiring

2 replies to this topic
  • redneckj

Posted July 21, 2010 - 08:19 AM

Baja designs has a reg/rec part number 12-203. They say that you dont have to do the floating ground mod to use this part. https://www.bajadesi..., (dc) (unwired)

Has anyone used this part on their 99wr400 with good luck. I would like to convert the bike to a DC system and add a battery to make everything work well on my plated bike. The main reason for doin this is to add a HID headlight and making the horn blow (if need be). I am sure that you need to remove the factory reg/rec and replace it with the BAJA designs piece. What wires do you use from the factory wiring to attach to the 2 yellow wires on the Baja designs reg/rec? Thanks in advance!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted July 21, 2010 - 11:13 AM

Baja designs has a reg/rec part number 12-203. They say that you dont have to do the floating ground mod to use this part. https://www.bajadesi..., (dc) (unwired)

Not exactly true. You don't have to float the ground as long as you keep the case isolated from the frame and you do not connect any of the DC "-" leads to the frame ground. It's not difficult to do. Just mount the regulator inside the airbox and connect all the "-" leads back to the battery and regulator. PM me an email address and I'll send you a schematic.

• holy_demon

Posted July 25, 2010 - 08:02 PM

hold on a sec. i have a '00 WR400 so does it runs on just AC? cos i tried to get the mech to do e wiring and stuffs and all he did is to put a newly charged battery(works fine only for a week or so). and after that, the batt don't work.

and what does a regulator/rectifier does for a wr400? does it basically turn it from an AC to DC? so all i need is to fix this reg/rec into my bike and my bike is fixed?

btw, where do u store the batt? i keep mine in the air box and i'm not sure if that's a right place for it to be. and any good recommendation for a battery that suits well with a wr400.

i'm totally lost on this. sigh... sorry for hijacking your thread bro!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.