WR426 Passenger Pegs

8 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted July 20, 2010 - 07:52 AM

Baja Designs offers some nice looking passenger pegs for 03-06 WR. Didn’t the 02 426 use the same frame/swing arm as the 03 450?

• YamaLink

Posted July 20, 2010 - 05:27 PM

Not a definitive answer, but.....

The 02 426 swingarm part number is: 5NY-22110-00-00
The 03 450 swingarm part number is: 5UN-22110-00-00

The 02's rear frame section is: 5SF-21190-00-00
The 03's rear frame section is: 5TA-21190-00-00

• MaxPower

Posted July 20, 2010 - 07:54 PM

[COLOR="Green"]they are very close
I ordered a set yesterday for my 450 from my shop
I dont know know what kind of hurry you are in
When I get them I can give you dimensions[/COLOR]

• byggd

Posted July 21, 2010 - 06:39 AM

Not a definitive answer, but.....

The 02 426 swingarm part number is: 5NY-22110-00-00
The 03 450 swingarm part number is: 5UN-22110-00-00

The 02's rear frame section is: 5SF-21190-00-00
The 03's rear frame section is: 5TA-21190-00-00

Hmmmmmm. Thanks for the input! :smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted July 21, 2010 - 06:40 AM

That would be awesome! No big hurry! :smirk:

• byggd

Posted August 06, 2010 - 01:02 PM

Have they arrived?

• MaxPower

Posted August 06, 2010 - 07:43 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Thats pretty funny
I logged on here just to find this post. I came here to do a search and saw your post right up top
Yes I got them finally yesterday.
I have a YZ426 subframe here and tried to line them up to see if they would fit for you
Im thinking the chain side could fit but I didnt really put that much time to make it fit because I could see that the right one will not work without filing or redrilling. Also you are going to have to stack washers to make them fit also.
In short the money they cost you could make something else work that is cheaper
I have a set of sport bike passenger pegs you can have if you like. I was going to make them work, I also have a subframe to fit your bike if you wanted to have mountes welded on to bolt them to
If you like give me your email so I can send you a picture of how close the mount is to working[/COLOR]

• jonooffler

Posted August 06, 2010 - 11:24 PM

Hi all sorry to put a downer on this but check with your insurance company before you fit rear pegs, you might find that they will not cover you as the WR was not designed to carry a passenger. With out checking you could open up a nasty legal can of worms .
Jono

• byggd

Posted August 07, 2010 - 01:32 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Thats pretty funny
I logged on here just to find this post. I came here to do a search and saw your post right up top
Yes I got them finally yesterday.
I have a YZ426 subframe here and tried to line them up to see if they would fit for you
Im thinking the chain side could fit but I didnt really put that much time to make it fit because I could see that the right one will not work without filing or redrilling. Also you are going to have to stack washers to make them fit also.
In short the money they cost you could make something else work that is cheaper
I have a set of sport bike passenger pegs you can have if you like. I was going to make them work, I also have a subframe to fit your bike if you wanted to have mountes welded on to bolt them to
If you like give me your email so I can send you a picture of how close the mount is to working[/COLOR]

Good timing eh? :-) PM sent.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.