2008 YZ450F 470 BB kit for supermoto?

No replies to this topic
  • tnat1

Posted July 19, 2010 - 11:02 AM

Im trying to get some input for my 2008 yz450f, im coming on 92 hrs and for the winter i was going to rebuild it as i run alot of supermoto with it and dont want to blow it up. Im looking at putting on a Lukes racing 470bb kit, ht cams stage 2 cams, some head porting and a new crank. should i get a bigger carb or get the current carb bored out to match the bb kit for topend, also should i get it balanced? Id like to get more ummpfh to keep up with the newer bikes and not spend 8k on a bike.

Am i heading in the right direction?

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.