Why do people complain about the stock chain?

21 replies to this topic
  • yamaharichey

Posted June 18, 2003 - 12:32 PM

Hey Indy WR450, 5,000 Miles! what the, you gotta be single and have no job. Thats an amazing amount of dirt riding. Do you race a lot or just play a lot?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rohar

Posted June 18, 2003 - 06:08 PM

I just checked my bike and it also has the D.I.D 520-vm X-ring chain. Why would some bikes come with it and others not? Does Yamaha supply the chain or does the dealer do this when they assemble the bike? I can't say this bums me out!

I haven't had any problems. In fact I have been amazed at how little the chain stretches. It loosened up a bit around 35 miles or so. I adjusted it and haven't had to touch it since (~ 200 miles on the bike now). :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.