Type of wrench for wr426 fork lock nut?

5 replies to this topic
  • co-rydr

Posted July 19, 2010 - 12:31 AM

I have a 02 wr426 and I'm doing the fork seals. Do I have to get a special type of wrench (thinner) to use on the lock nut while I loosen the fork cap nut? Also what size? I have looked around in my reference material and can't find any info. My goal is not to buy a Yamaha tool.

Thanks in advance

• mdkcrf250r

Posted July 19, 2010 - 12:38 AM

its a thin 17mm..you can grind a spare 17mm wrench down...

• co-rydr

Posted July 19, 2010 - 12:49 AM

Oh man, thanks, I don't no why I didn't think of that. It must be late. Thanks again

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted July 19, 2010 - 04:38 AM

My standard thickness Craftsman works just fine.

• tribalbc

Posted July 19, 2010 - 05:54 AM

If you spin the fork springs around you will find a spot with clearance to get a standard wrench in.

• co-rydr

Posted July 19, 2010 - 09:38 PM

I ended up buying a set from home depot for $7. They are called "tool box set" wrenches and are thin profile so there was no resistance. Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.