frnt. wheel spacers YZ 426

6 replies to this topic
  • Ryan426

Posted July 18, 2010 - 05:49 PM

I think I got my spacers on wrong when I changed my tires. Can some one post a pic of the wheel spacers on a '01 YZ 426? Sitting on the bike the r-one with the groove, does the groove go close to the hub or the outside towrds the wheel? And the one on the brake side, does the the part that flares up go towards the hub or brake rotor??:smirk:

• grayracer513

Posted July 18, 2010 - 06:52 PM

The straight spacer goes on the right side. One end should be significantly cleaner than the other from having been under the seal; put it back that way.

The flared spacer really should be a lot more obvious. It goes on the left, and the big end goes against the fork. It couldn't very well be turned over without mashing the seal, now, could it?

• Ryan426

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:23 PM

The straight spacer goes on the left side. One end should be significantly cleaner than the other from having been under the seal; put it back that way.

The flared spacer really should be a lot more obvious. It goes on the right, and the big end goes against the fork. It couldn't very well be turned over without mashing the seal, now, could it?

Gray, when you say left side on the straight spacer do you mean opposite of the rotor?:smirk: Exuse me for being a noob! :cheers: Also my straight spacer has a grove all they way around on one end. Does that end go towards the hub and seal??:smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:37 PM

Sorry, I had my shirt on inside out when I said left and right (corrected).

Right side is where the straight spacer goes.

Isn't one end of the straight spacer cleaner than the other?

• Ryan426

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:53 PM

I cleaned them up with out paying much mind too it. My manual does'nt say.

• grayracer513

Posted July 19, 2010 - 06:08 AM

If the groove is a smooth, polished track worn there by the seal, that's the end the goes under the seal. If it's a machined groove, it has to be placed where the seal won't run in it. Otherwise, I doubt that it matters much.

• Ryan426

Posted July 19, 2010 - 09:18 AM

thanks gray......

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.