Upper triple clamp question for 2002 WR426

4 replies to this topic
  • Red3171

Posted June 14, 2003 - 09:14 AM

Anyone know who makes an upper triple clamp for a fat bar, like the Pro-taper bars, that allows stock mounting for the WR odometer?

• BlueThunder

Posted June 14, 2003 - 09:37 AM

I have an Answer top clamp that accomodates the Pro Tapers although their bracketry for mounting the headlight assembly sucks. Think that the Applied clamps are set up for mounting your odo and they seem to be well thought through but I have yet to see one in person. Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shipe

Posted June 14, 2003 - 10:56 AM

im running the applied upper triple clamp with pro tapers. they come in several difrent colors and have an adjustabel bracket. i really like mine.

• yamaha.dude

Posted June 14, 2003 - 01:09 PM

I used the ProTaper adaptor kit on the stock triple clamp at first... raised the bars up a bit as well... But then I got the Scotts one to go with the Steering Dampener, and that works fine as well... I have the adaptor kit still... it basically just bolts on top of your triple clamp, and then you bolt your bars up... it was like US$25 or 30 I think...

Good luck,

• Jason_Moffitt

Posted June 15, 2003 - 06:39 AM

www.BRPIT.COM just specify WR not YZF and the top clamp will include an odometer bracket, they also have one for the WR450.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.