White Brothers Exhaust anygood?

4 replies to this topic
  • Mr-Brightside

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:02 AM

Thinking of putting a White brothers E2 exhaust on my WR. The type with the removable baffle. Just wanted to know if there any good?

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 18, 2010 - 12:01 PM

Its a good muffler. Fairly durable and very tunable. Its quiet enough at small throttle openings to pass sound tests yet its got some bark to it at large throttle openings. Makes good power too.

Since it is no longer in production, finding parts for it can be tricky. However, the hardware is just basic stuff you can find at a hardware store. I can't see why you couldn't use parts from the vance and hines XCR if you need to replace something like a spark arrestor, end cap, or packing cartridge.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted July 19, 2010 - 05:53 AM

My friend used one to pass sound check at the Idaho City 100 last month. And ditto on the hardware store! He went to the local Home Depot to "refurbish" some items lost due to last-second race prep.

Its a good muffler. Fairly durable and very tunable. Its quiet enough at small throttle openings to pass sound tests yet its got some bark to it at large throttle openings. Makes good power too.

Since it is no longer in production, finding parts for it can be tricky. However, the hardware is just basic stuff you can find at a hardware store. I can't see why you couldn't use parts from the vance and hines XCR if you need to replace something like a spark arrestor, end cap, or packing cartridge.

• djrevz

Posted July 19, 2010 - 07:50 AM

I have one fitted to my wr and i cant fault it. If you want a video let me know.

• hammer3198

Posted July 20, 2010 - 03:30 PM

I have one on my 2000 wr400. Needless to say, it is a great improvement over stock exhaust. Loud enough to let people know you're there but not so loud that it gives you a headache. Very easy to fit up to bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.