2010 brakes

19 replies to this topic
  • drewbbie

Posted July 18, 2010 - 12:46 AM

so i serchd this and didnt find any thing sorry in advance if its been posted

My brake pads on my 2010 are almost dead now i have been told that honda pads will fit .
y would a person want to use honda pads over yamaha and ebc or such.
Is there a differnt style difference between the yamaha and honda and is there any advantage with one over the other?

• almostinvincible119

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:42 AM

Honda pads just seem to stop better...don't know why, don't know how.

• norcal_hoss

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:44 AM

Another thing is to change your brake fluid often.
I run ebc MXS pads and they work great but I also have a oversize rotor.

• drewbbie

Posted July 18, 2010 - 10:32 AM

i got a big brake kit for my o8 wr would the adaptor work on the 2010 i no the rotor will

• gfmoto

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:22 PM

I put the larger caliper off an 06yz and it added a lot of bite to the front brakes along with a high quality brake fluid. I'm tempted to try a braided line as well, has anyone tried a gafler brake line or similar product?

• grayracer513

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:32 PM

I put an CR routed SS line on my '03, and it was a significant improvement, but that was the old, long hose style. IMO, you might not notice much difference compared to a fairly fresh OEM hose on an '05 or later model. Maybe you would.

• tech24

Posted July 19, 2010 - 05:31 AM

So you want better stopping on the 2010? I have never ridin a bike that stopped this well, almost went of the bars first time out. SS will make a significant difference but I won't even consider it on mine, maybe when the rubber gets old and spongy.

• drewbbie

Posted July 19, 2010 - 06:53 PM

well i went from a 2008 wr 2ith a ebc big brake kit and brembo caliper so im used to stoping on a dime lol i still have the adaptor that came with the ebc kit will it fit my 2010?

• tylern10

Posted July 19, 2010 - 07:44 PM

Go with the EBC Extreme Pro. They take some getting used to but once you do you won't try anything else..

• yzfrider1

Posted July 19, 2010 - 09:46 PM

Another thing is to change your brake fluid often.
I run ebc MXS pads and they work great but I also have a oversize rotor.

What kind of suspension mods are on your 10 yz450?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tech24

Posted July 20, 2010 - 04:18 AM

well i went from a 2008 wr 2ith a ebc big brake kit and brembo caliper so im used to stoping on a dime lol i still have the adaptor that came with the ebc kit will it fit my 2010?

ah gottcha dont know if all that will fit or not

• Swiss_Dirtrider

Posted July 21, 2010 - 06:37 AM

So you want better stopping on the 2010? I have never ridin a bike that stopped this well, almost went of the bars first time out. SS will make a significant difference but I won't even consider it on mine, maybe when the rubber gets old and spongy.

I've never ridden a bike that stops so weak!! Came from Kawasaki 250F, the YZF brakes seems much to lame!

Helped out with SS Line, and a Braking Batfly Rotor with Braking brakepads. Now i absolutely love my brakes! MUCH of power and completely easy controllable!

• tech24

Posted July 21, 2010 - 07:20 AM

I've never ridden a bike that stops so weak!! Came from Kawasaki 250F, the YZF brakes seems much to lame!

Helped out with SS Line, and a Braking Batfly Rotor with Braking brakepads. Now i absolutely love my brakes! MUCH of power and completely easy controllable!

really? Mine will lock the brakes up with more than a finger tip or little foot tap, I couldn't ask for much more but never ridden anything buy yzs and it stops the best outta those Ive had but can't comment on any others obviously

• drewbbie

Posted July 21, 2010 - 08:26 PM

hmm i thinkn im jusst gonna get a ne big brake kit and ss line c how if that helps thanks every one

• grayracer513

Posted July 21, 2010 - 08:45 PM

hmm i thinkn im jusst gonna get a ne big brake kit and ss line c how if that helps thanks every one

I'm sorry, what?

• drewbbie

Posted July 22, 2010 - 11:44 AM

ahh sorry i was on my black berry . i think im just going to get a SS brake line and a big brake kit
thanks every one for your imput

• almostinvincible119

Posted July 22, 2010 - 02:47 PM

really? Mine will lock the brakes up with more than a finger tip or little foot tap, I couldn't ask for much more but never ridden anything buy yzs and it stops the best outta those Ive had but can't comment on any others obviously

Go ride a KTM and then honestly tell me the brakes on the Yamaha are good...

• tech24

Posted July 22, 2010 - 04:55 PM

Go ride a KTM and then honestly tell me the brakes on the Yamaha are good...

No thanks but I like the 2010 brakes better than previous models not sure if anything is different other than being brand new. My other yammys really don't stop worth a crap

• drewbbie

Posted July 22, 2010 - 08:46 PM

i agree post 10 yamahas suckd at stopping hence y i went to a big brake kit with a brembo on my wr

• Thumper38

Posted July 23, 2010 - 03:36 AM

I put an oversized rotor on the front and it works well with the EBC MX pads. I also put on a SS line and it did not make much of a difference. Overall there good but not as good as my 09 Kawi was!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.