CRF250R 2009 jetting problems

5 replies to this topic
  • excalibur174

Posted July 17, 2010 - 12:46 PM

Hello

My buddies got a Crf250R 2009 with a pro circuit pipe on it and he's having jetting problems. He says its bogging on certain big jumps. Does anyone have some jetting set ups that have worked with the pro circuit pipe?

thanks

• Keith72

Posted July 17, 2010 - 01:30 PM

procircuit has jetting specs on there website that might be helpful.

• excalibur174

Posted July 17, 2010 - 10:59 PM

thanks ill pass him the info

• WALKINGWOUNDED

Posted July 18, 2010 - 07:56 AM

Did the 09 still have the 'fuel sloshing away from the main jet on hard landings' problem. I'm only mentioning this so he doesn't get to fat on the main to compensate for another problem, a rob himself of needed hp.

• csclocogato

Posted July 19, 2010 - 06:38 AM

Did the 09 still have the 'fuel sloshing away from the main jet on hard landings' problem. I'm only mentioning this so he doesn't get to fat on the main to compensate for another problem, a rob himself of needed hp.

this was my first thought as well, dont remember who makes the new bowls off the top of my head?

• Ron Hamp

Posted July 19, 2010 - 11:23 AM

R&d makes the bowls and this helps i had some local fast a riders with the same problem they were increasing main jet size to huge numbers to compensate like a 188-190 and yes that will hurt the power a bit .the velocity in the port is to low for good engine rpm recovery as soon as they put an RHC ported head on the problem went away because of the increased velocity also the carb on the 06-09 bikes is just to big in the venturi they actuall will make more power with a specialy bored 37 mm carb with a 39 mm venturi and they will regain rpms much quiker.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

***Front Fender** by Stealth parade

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250R
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Thoughts On 2006 CRF250r? by MotoRider25

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Crf250r lost compression by Hondalife378

• 16 replies
Forums
Photo

If you had to vote a 250f most reliable by Ride_blue82

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Crf250r transmition and clutch oil problems by TeamRed

• 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.