2003 XR100 Why is gas STILL pouring out of my carb overflow?

4 replies to this topic
  • chukb

Posted July 17, 2010 - 06:56 AM

My 03 100 just started out of nowhere gushing fuel out of carb overflow. I took carb apart and cleaned where the pointy plunger thing for float resides.

I turned on the gas and checked it it seemed fine. I forgot the gas on, then came back to garage later and it had dumped my whole(almost full) tank of gas on my garage floor.:smirk:

suggestions? thanks.

• XL100allnightlong

Posted July 17, 2010 - 09:32 AM

your drain screw on the bottom of the carb has a rubber gasket on it. maybe it is not sealing and leaking from there. or is the gas draining out of your overflow tube?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chukb

Posted July 17, 2010 - 11:21 AM

it was coming out the overflow. it's the same hose the drain uses.

I just cleaned and blew it out real good again. we'll see. there's only the "reserve" fuel in it now since all my gas soaked into my garage floor yesterday.......

• socalxr

Posted July 17, 2010 - 11:51 AM

Undo the float bowl and blow through the fuel line while at the same time with your finger close the float like it's filling up with fuel. It should stop all the air from coming in; if not then there is your problem, If it does, then you have to adjust your float height.

• Frankenschwinn

Posted July 17, 2010 - 03:34 PM

stuck float

Related Content

Reviews

Honda CRF80F 2013 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF80F 2013
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda CRF100F 2014 by Chris.GVS

Honda CRF100F 2014
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda CRF80F 2015 by Chris.GVS

Honda CRF80F 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

'02 XR200 Adventure/Mountain Bike by mx4god

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR/CRF 80-200
  • Hot  31 replies
Forums
Photo

New and I bought a xr100r by 86indy

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR/CRF 80-200
  • Hot  55 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.