Dens Dirt vs Michigan DMV

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 06, 2001 - 12:55 PM

This message is for all that replied to my post regarding getting my WR426 Street legal. Well today was the day for the inspection and the local authorities approved the bike for a road title. I am now sporting my cycle plate on the bike to get to the trails. Thanks for all the help everyone gave. Easter weekend I'm going to Cadillac Michigan to do some heavy trail riding. :D
See you on the trails!!!
Dennis :)

• olson_jr

Posted April 06, 2001 - 04:13 PM

Congratulations Dennis.
Did they check your tires, horn, hi beam ?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 07, 2001 - 02:33 AM

Surprising Olsen he didn't. I hit the horn and highbeam light for him. The police officer was more interested in the VIN number. But he never bothered looking at the meats. Maybe he did but I didn't see it. After all of the sweating I did about the whole thing it was relativily easy getting the bike road legal in Michigan. Just alot of BS to do it.
Dennis

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hiller

Posted April 09, 2001 - 04:02 AM

How are the trails around Cadilac?

I rode in Leota last weekend, the terrain was 50% snow/ice and 50% dirt. Lots of water also.
Easter weekend we'll be riding around Lewiston, hopefully most of the snow has melted there.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 09, 2001 - 01:54 PM

I talked with a freind of mine who lives up there. He was telling all the snow was gone. I'm a little west of Cadillac. More like Irons. But the snow is gone there also. This will be an experience for sure. If It's to bad I'll take the four wheeler for a spin.If you like i'll post it when I return. Ever been to Big Air in Newago?
Dennis
Dennis

• Hiller

Posted April 10, 2001 - 03:56 AM

Yes, please reply when you return, and I'll do the same.
No, I haven't been to Big Air in Newago, is it a track or trails or what? I'd like to try it, although being new to a Thumper, the term "Big Air" scares me a little :)
Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 10, 2001 - 10:08 AM

Its a track. The jumps there are scary as hell to me. I thought I would try it with the WR this year. I ran my YZ there last year. I'll let you know about the conditions Monday.
Dennis

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.