Anybody ever get white flakes in the oil filter?

6 replies to this topic
  • wr250rr

Posted June 14, 2003 - 02:20 AM

I got little white flakes the size of a pencil lead and smaller in my oil filter. I cant figure out what the heck it is. Its not metal or dirt. I don't think there is any plastic in the engine.
Anybody have an idea what it could be?

• timvv51

Posted June 14, 2003 - 02:56 AM

Tannish whiteish goopy balls of sluge lookin stuff would be water in the oil, but I never heard of white flakes. You got me curious.

• Hick

Posted June 14, 2003 - 08:49 AM

My best guess would be pieces of Yamabond gasket material. It is more off-white than white...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted June 14, 2003 - 11:44 AM

It could be aluminum flakes or shavings that have oxidized. Has the bike sat around fro a long time before this last oil check? :)

• Motocrash

Posted June 16, 2003 - 05:52 PM

Do you lean over the filter to check it? Could be dandruf.

• Crazythumpin

Posted June 17, 2003 - 02:08 AM

:) Ha Ha, he just tore you up!!!!!!!!

See I told you there was nothing wrong with your motor.

• gratefuldawg

Posted June 17, 2003 - 08:17 AM

Try a search for flakes in the oil, this topic has been brought up before.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.