Project street legal WR450

5 replies to this topic
  • Machster

Posted June 13, 2003 - 04:45 PM

Pick up the new issue of dirt Bike magazine July 03 issue. Has a couple of great articles, one being a convert to street legal article. Also...how to make your 450 into a 470!! Niiiice..all we need..more power! :D :)

• Gadsen

Posted June 18, 2003 - 07:17 PM

Pick up the new issue of dirt Bike magazine July 03 issue. Has a couple of great articles, one being a convert to street legal article....

Been there, done it! :) I have a 2001 WR 426 and its street legal, well, maybe not "equipment wise" but it has a road plate and the title calls it a general cycle. I live in Washington and this is a tough deal to do here. I bought it out of state, from a member of this board in Oregon, wonder if he is reading this? Bob, you there? :D

• BlueThunder

Posted June 18, 2003 - 08:02 PM

"the title calls it a general cycle"

That actually means "gas cycle" and I'm in the same sitch...grandfathered in as a legal dual-sport....all they can do is write the faulty equipment tickets if they so choose. Where do ya do most of your riding toyota? Maybe hook up some time for a ride, if you're interested? Ride Capitol Forest and Naches alot. Really want to ride Walker Valley this year and try Reiter Pit also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted June 25, 2003 - 07:48 PM

"the title calls it a general cycle"

That actually means "gas cycle" and I'm in the same sitch...grandfathered in as a legal dual-sport....all they can do is write the faulty equipment tickets if they so choose. Where do ya do most of your riding toyota? Maybe hook up some time for a ride, if you're interested? Ride Capitol Forest and Naches alot. Really want to ride Walker Valley this year and try Reiter Pit also.

Oh, gas, makes sense. Its not diesel. :D Hey, I live in Olympia and ride the Capital Forest all the time. Did you do the Father Day ride in Naches? I was there, picked up a small trophy. Have you ever been to Gifford Pinchot yet? I work in "Puyallup" if that will help ID my employer. :) I have a pretty large riding crowd now, but always willing to grow it some more. Hey, more help to push if the WR was to ever quit. :D Holler and we'll hook up!

• vrecksler

Posted June 28, 2003 - 07:38 AM

How did you guys get licensed? I am just across the border in Canada and am looking to purchase a new bike and dual sport it--at least as much as required to get plates. My DRZ was stolen and I want something with more power this time and have heard great things about the WR.

• gammab

Posted June 28, 2003 - 05:23 PM

When you go to register your new bike with Motor Registration just tell them it's a dual purpose dirt bike, they'll give you a plate for the road. That's all I did with my YZ426 two months ago..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.