Steering stabilizer's......whats the best ?

12 replies to this topic
  • xr600r

Posted June 13, 2003 - 01:09 PM

I've been thinking of buying a stabi lizer, top clamp, and pro-tapers. any opinions on who makes the best stabilizer, and why?

• xr600r

Posted June 14, 2003 - 02:06 PM

Hello......is anybody home ???????
i'm sure someone in here uses one :)

• Sylvain

Posted June 14, 2003 - 05:20 PM

I asked our TT friends the same question recently. Just do a search for "Steering stabilizer question". I'm sure you will have some answers.

Regards

• jetdave

Posted June 14, 2003 - 05:59 PM

I have the GPR :D Love it :D :)

• groundhog

Posted June 14, 2003 - 06:04 PM

I have a Scotts. Same set-up, top clamp, tapers & Trail Tech in the billet mount. Works great, no problems, would buy another one from them. Like someone said - do a search and get more info than you care to read.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 14, 2003 - 06:32 PM

Scotts is best but also the most expensive. All stabilizers seem to work very well. You can save money and be happy with the other brands. Buy the triple clamp and rubber mounted taper bars while you are at it. I have used Scotts for years on my dirt bikes and R1 and have no complaints. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • live_to_ride

Posted June 14, 2003 - 06:50 PM

And on this week's new steering stabilizer thread..... :D I think this EXACT same question pops up 3 or 4 times a month on this board. round and round we go...... :D :D

:)

• live_to_ride

Posted June 14, 2003 - 06:54 PM

Oh ya.... My vote's in for the gpr. They are really nice folks over there. Ask for Randy. He sent me a tripple clamp a month ago to see what position I want the bars mounted in. I still haven't even paid for it. He said that I could pay for it all once they have my damper made. It's taking them a while though. :)

:D

• endurodog

Posted June 14, 2003 - 08:17 PM

I have heard that the Scotts is the best, mainly because of its adjustablity on the fly. I have a WER I really like. I think the bottom line is I have not heard anything bad about any of them.

• ralphfurley

Posted June 15, 2003 - 02:54 AM

I'm using the RTT stabilizer. (wr450f)
The Thumb adjustment is the best part.

I use it all the time.

tight twisty single track = off,
turn the corner
a straight/rocky section = turn it on and rip

• Poway Rider

Posted June 15, 2003 - 05:49 AM

I have GPR and I really like them. Also, GPR has awesome service with FREE maintenance. Ask for Randy - he's great!

• BlueThunder

Posted June 15, 2003 - 06:05 AM

Got a Scott's on my 929....seems to work alright for the street but I'm still deciding over which one for the dirt. That RTT set-up is looking pretty damn cool but the I gotta ditch some expensive add-ons that are on there now(Answer top tree and tree mount Cycra Pro Bends :)). Does it ever end?

• xr600r

Posted June 15, 2003 - 06:37 AM

Pretty much anything , and everything has been talked about in here. if everybody went to search, everytime somebody had a question, there wouldnt be a thumper talk. :)
thanks for the help , guys.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.