Fasst company Flexx bars

25 replies to this topic
  • Rockyracer

Posted September 17, 2010 - 06:39 PM

You should change the 12mm orings when you lube them. I have had them since they first came out, I can,t rember how manny years. If you ingnore the squeak and do not lube tem then it can be real diffcult to get apart. The O rings can be gotten from McMaster Carr much cheaper than from Fastway. I ride offroad and use the yellow elastomer. As I have said my bars are quite old and the only sign of wear is where the throttle rides.

• m818m

Posted September 18, 2010 - 07:23 AM

Bars are great. Every thread counts and it does make a difference with the amount of travel they have. The color gromets do make a difference. I tried yellow and they bounce around too much for moto. When gromet/elatomer wear out, they will bounce you around more and can wear your arms out. If you crash hard I suggest changing the bolts out. I've snapped bolts before while riding and it aint pretty. I change them after every hard crash and always have extra bolts and elastomers. These bars are great but do require upkeep.

• mxbrewski

Posted September 19, 2010 - 09:26 AM

I had these bars on my CRF450, and loved them. I also had the Boysen Flex Grip, the combo worked awesome. It did take some getting used to, but arm pump was reduced a lot. I saw a new product from the quads and it may appeal to some that dont want to go the Flex bar route. It is a elastomer bar mount. I have e-mailed the owner and he said that he has them on his off road bikes also. It is supposed to weigh about the same as an accessory bar mount. Just thought I would mention it, as I liked the Flex bars also, but not the extra weight. http://www.precision...m/shockvibe.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted September 20, 2010 - 06:24 AM

You should change the 12mm orings when you lube them. I have had them since they first came out, I can,t rember how manny years. If you ingnore the squeak and do not lube tem then it can be real diffcult to get apart. The O rings can be gotten from McMaster Carr much cheaper than from Fastway. I ride offroad and use the yellow elastomer. As I have said my bars are quite old and the only sign of wear is where the throttle rides.

So when it comes time to regrease the bars............One only has to get the snap rings and O'rings?

I noticed on the Faast company website that you can get 4 snap rings and 14 O'rings for $5.00 .........This is called there Bar clips and O'ring rebuild kit.http://fasstco.com/p...cts/flexx.shtml

I believe also when you take the lock nuts off the end of the bolts that go through the elastomers you have to replace them (according to faast company) but its probbaly just an liability issue,could use the nuts over again as long as the nut is ok.

So the bottom line is............when it comes time to regrease the bars.......the only things you need is the snap rings,O'rings and replacement lock nuts.

• Jazzed

Posted September 22, 2010 - 06:45 PM

Had my first race and ride with the Flexx Bars and I have to say I really like them. My arm pump was reduced significantly.

By the way, I have a 09 KTM 300 XCW and cannot see my speedometer when riding with the pad on the bars. Has anyone come up with a solution to this where they relocate the speedometer? Not sure if I should start a new thread for this question or not.

• grayracer513

Posted September 23, 2010 - 06:21 AM

Not sure if I should start a new thread for this question or not.

Yes, but you should start it in the KTM two-stroke forum.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.