Fasst company Flexx bars

25 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted July 14, 2010 - 01:42 PM

I ordered me a set monday and they came today. I put them on my 2010 450F and I must say........they look good.

I needed something to absorb the small chop stuff on the track cause it was hurting my wrist I had surgery on a few years ago. I just had a Del Taco suspension put in about a month ago.

It does real well and takes all the big breaking bumps and small stuff also but the small stuff I feel in the bars more so I wanted to try the flexx bars.

Been wanting them for three years and finally said "I'm getting them".

Just hope they help the wrist some. With the Del Taco and flexx bars I should be able to fly through the roughest sections of the track with ease.

• norcal_hoss

Posted July 14, 2010 - 02:02 PM

I been running them on and off for years there a great product. They definatley help on hard landings and square edge chop..

• CaptainKnobby

Posted July 14, 2010 - 02:15 PM

I'm gald to hear that!

• TokioMX

Posted July 14, 2010 - 05:00 PM

Which bend do you guys have? "12゜Moto" looks closest to ProTaper that came stock with 2010 YZ.

• norcal_hoss

Posted July 14, 2010 - 05:28 PM

Yep thats the normal for moto bend 12*..

• TokioMX

Posted July 14, 2010 - 11:58 PM

Yep thats the normal for moto bend 12*..

Thanks. After a few years of just looking at it, I finally ordered one through Slavens Racing.

Edited by TokioMX, July 15, 2010 - 12:43 AM.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted July 15, 2010 - 06:10 AM

I got the 14 Degree Moto. It was close to the same height and sweep of my Vortex bars that I like.

• Jeepentj

Posted July 15, 2010 - 08:23 PM

How much are these bars? Aren't they like $350 or something?

• CaptainKnobby

Posted July 16, 2010 - 06:05 AM

I gave $319.00 and that included 3 day shipping.

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted July 17, 2010 - 05:49 AM

TokioMX;9504279]Which bend do you guys have? "12゜Moto" looks closest to ProTaper that came stock with 2010 YZ.

The YZ's have a fairly straight bar, 10 degree is closer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted July 17, 2010 - 03:21 PM

Well I got to try the Bars out today at the track during practice. I was surprised how well they performed. I thought they were going to be a knock off gimick.

I had the red elastomers on which came on it stock. The red one is stiff. I didnt try any the others ......like Yellow (medium) Black (hard) or Blue (soft).

I did Like the way the red felt. It was sorta weird when you hit a jump cause you didnt feel the flex but in the rough sections of the track I could tell the bar was flexing and I didnt feel any harshness in my wrst and hands as before.

I'm glad I got these bars now and wished I had done it ealier. I preloaded the nut next to the elastomers to 3 threads showing. The bars came preloaded at 2 threads. I doubt you can really tell by just one thread but that is where I put it and like it.

I'm going to leave it at the setting I have it at now for the race tomorrow and see how it does when the track dries out and gets really rough. Today it came a couple of showers and the dirt stayed pretty packed and kinda muddy. Tomorrow it is suppose to be dry and hot ( in the 90's)

One thing I might add is my wrist is not sore this afternoon from working the throttle and from landing off jumps like it usely is. That is one fact that I can truly say about these Flexx Bars.

They do what they are suppose to do and that is take the harshness off your hands and wrist and I also noticed my elbows arent sore either. It helps the tendonitious in my elbow.

I would reccomend these bars for anyone who has had wrist surgery or has tendonitious in there elbows.

• BigDave75

Posted July 26, 2010 - 12:41 PM

I need to order some asap! Thanks for the info.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted July 26, 2010 - 03:11 PM

I need to order some asap! Thanks for the info.

You are welcome.

• Jazzed

Posted September 14, 2010 - 06:39 PM

Do these bars help with Arm Pump?

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted September 14, 2010 - 07:12 PM

they helped me with mine --- love em. for $325 they do not go with the bike.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted September 16, 2010 - 04:51 AM

Do these bars help with Arm Pump?

I dont get arm pump much anymore. I have noticed though that my arms are not quit as tired as before when i didnt have the bars.

• BaileyAZ

Posted September 16, 2010 - 06:29 PM

I had them on my 02 CRF and loved them. My current set up has not bothered my wrists so I have not stepped up to Flexx Bars. But when that time comes, they will be on my short list. I am a believer!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted September 17, 2010 - 03:35 AM

I'am using the red elastamers on mine. I havent tried any of the others (yellow,blue,black).

The red seem to do quit well. I might try the medium ones (yellow) and see how much they flex.

• ForsheeMS

Posted September 17, 2010 - 01:47 PM

The Flexx bars are great! Especially for the older guys. One thing I will say, be sure to stay on top of the pivot pins. If you let them go too long they will sieze and it's a pain to get them apart. Regular cleaning and lubing only takes a few minutes.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted September 17, 2010 - 05:10 PM

The Flexx bars are great! Especially for the older guys. One thing I will say, be sure to stay on top of the pivot pins. If you let them go too long they will sieze and it's a pain to get them apart. Regular cleaning and lubing only takes a few minutes.

yeah but dont ya have to buy new washers and those bolts every time you take them aprt to regrease?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.