2000 YZ426F is it worth it

21 replies to this topic
  • kid321123

Posted July 25, 2010 - 11:06 AM

Not new, because they can't buy them from Yamaha separately. And it's still a bad idea.

I understand that but are the chances high of something messing up

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 25, 2010 - 03:46 PM

I'm not sure how to rate the chances of whether something bad will happen, but I know the potential for something exceptionally expensive to happen is very real, and IMO, it's not worth it. Usually, accelerated wear will be the result.

You can normally repair a fracture in an uncomplicated, non-structural section of the crankcase such as the failure you described by welding. If not, then a used set of cases is the next option. Also, with a 426, there's another approach you could take: buy another whole running bike for $1400 and make one good one of the two, parting out the leftovers for a profit.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.