This thread is boring.

16 replies to this topic
  • blakers213

Posted July 13, 2010 - 05:44 PM

Not wanting to piss anyone off but this is my third bike in 3 years (2009 yz450f) and with each bike I get on their respectable threads to see what things to look out for like what is going wrong with the bikes and this thread it seems not a lot goes on with the later Yamahas. I know this is a good thing. I did a lot of homework before I spent my hard earned money and it seems to payed off. On the other threads it seems like this and that is going bad or breaking. Has anyone else noticed this?

• 450motard

Posted July 13, 2010 - 06:36 PM

I called the service department today to ask them a question and he said basically the same thing.

He said "Man, I have hardly seen the 2010 450 in the shop yet, they're just not breaking". I guess that's a positive sign...

• jffsnlsn

Posted July 13, 2010 - 06:58 PM

I agree, this IS a boring thread, in the midst of a very educational forum.

• BBrown626

Posted July 13, 2010 - 07:33 PM

I keep wearing out tires and I lost my gas cap:bonk: do these count?
My grips wore out too and I was actually surprised. Those firm stock grips usually last forever.

• grayracer513

Posted July 13, 2010 - 07:41 PM

This is why stupid stuff like questions about the best pipes, oil filters, air filters, cool graphics, and who has the best prices on bikes are so common in this forum.

:smirk:

• Swapper265

Posted July 14, 2010 - 03:54 AM

This is why stupid stuff like questions about the best pipes, oil filters, air filters, cool graphics, and who has the best prices on bikes are so common in this forum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :usa: :p

:cheers::smirk::ride:

• blakers213

Posted July 14, 2010 - 06:20 PM

I guess I'm not the only one who noticed this. Come on guys, doesn't someone have a valve that needs to be shimmed or something.:smirk:

• jffsnlsn

Posted July 14, 2010 - 06:22 PM

shimmed? is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DMC707

Posted July 15, 2010 - 11:34 AM

Maybe another "bike pic" thread or "Show off your graphics" thread, would liven things up

• grayracer513

Posted July 15, 2010 - 12:00 PM

Oh, please...:smirk:

• mdkcrf250r

Posted July 15, 2010 - 09:43 PM

I too noticed this...I came from the yamaha 2 stroke thread which is by far the best one on the site...But the Yamaha 2 strokes are too good as well...The difference being the 2 stroke guys found things to improve and fix where as this one is just a bunch of old fellas with too much arthritis to type..:smirk:

• blakers213

Posted July 16, 2010 - 05:07 AM

MDK, so what are you saying. Do you think if we mixed geritol in are gas like you do two stroke oil it would help our arthritis.:smirk:

• SUnruh

Posted July 16, 2010 - 05:15 AM

when you simply dont have mechanical issues, what is left?

how about talk of a 3gal tank for the '10?

how about 2 pipes, 1 for the sound and 1 for the air?

or 2 shocks, 1 for the spring and 1 for the oil?

or 2 pistons so that 1 can do the intake and the other the exhaust?

• tech24

Posted July 16, 2010 - 05:22 AM

Well my good friend and riding buddy is a honda nut so I can make a list of everything thats gone wrong with his CRF if you want. It will still be boring but you'll be reading for hours. :smirk:

• hillclimbguy

Posted July 17, 2010 - 04:42 PM

This does suck. I hate getting on my trusty YZ 450 and thinking I checked the valves maybe twice in 4 years. I could get my old CRF back and put intake valves in it when I get bored! The problem with the ole CRF is that it needed the intake valves

• rexbond007

Posted July 18, 2010 - 10:43 AM

I did change my timing chain two months ago. 210 hrs on my bike still going strong.
Buying a Ktm 350 to change things up, still keeping the Yami - it's a rock solid bike!

• dunn2500

Posted July 21, 2010 - 11:43 PM

there tranny's were letting go a few years ago.........primarily 3rd gear, heard of and seen a few of those......but for the most part there solid, and for a new year and model bike to have this kind of reliability is respectable........... there are prolly 5-10 hondas to every yami so of course your gonna hear more stuff..........i had an 07 crf450 and had no issues whatsoever, solid bike.........

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.