map database question

6 replies to this topic
  • tech24

Posted July 13, 2010 - 11:56 AM

This may be a dumb question but I want to be sure. I assume the maps are entered as they would be entered in the tuner correct? I was scrolling through database and seen the last post on upside down maps so I wanted to check.

My tuner should be here tomorrow so Im gonna try some of the maps out and maybe work on my own. Ill be riding woods and on small practice track so I'll try and give some feed back.

• norcal_hoss

Posted July 13, 2010 - 01:21 PM

When you buy the tuner there are no maps in it you need to install them on the tuner. Its very easy just pick a Map and hit edit then save after you input the numbers. Or you can take it to your local dealership and they can install them. Ive done three of them already myself there very simple. Just print out on Yamaha website the maps or the maps on this forum above and manually put them in there. Its a very trick tool all the manufacturers should follow Yamaha with this simple to use mapping tool.

• grayracer513

Posted July 13, 2010 - 01:26 PM

To the best of my knowledge, all the maps are laid out as they appear on the tuner screen. Only one person has ever mentioned having had any problem with inverting them that I know of.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tech24

Posted July 13, 2010 - 01:38 PM

To the best of my knowledge, all the maps are laid out as they appear on the tuner screen. Only one person has ever mentioned having had any problem with inverting them that I know of.

cool thanks just looked up some and they do seem right, can't wait to try it out

Definently want to try the woods and the less hit map

• Beatcoaster

Posted July 13, 2010 - 01:56 PM

There are other maps on the Yamaha website?...do you have a link?

• tech24

Posted July 13, 2010 - 04:37 PM

There are other maps on the Yamaha website?...do you have a link?

me? I just looked up the mxa maps

• Rodolfo Castro

Posted April 18, 2011 - 11:48 AM

Any suggestions for me to by a tunner? Need supplier able to perform international shipping. thought that my bike would come already with the tunner but it didnt.
thanks.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.