I'll buy your stock year 2000 handle bars!

14 replies to this topic
  • joecallan

Posted April 06, 2001 - 12:42 PM

Give me a price for your stocker non-bent handle bars! For a WR 400, 2000. Thanks, Joe email: joecallan@hotmail.com

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted April 06, 2001 - 12:52 PM

Joe, I think you would have an easier time finding a sasquatch. The stock bars are junk. I think I bent mine just by looking at them (It couldn't have been the multiple crashes..... :) )

Mike

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted April 06, 2001 - 12:57 PM

Dude, you can have mine for free. They have exactly zero miles on them. Even includes the stock grip on the left side. Seriously, FREE. They are in my way in the garage and I was planning on tossing them out.

ron@surfcity.org

• JamesD

Posted April 06, 2001 - 01:25 PM

I'll see your zero miles + left grip and I'll raise you the right stock grips as well! HA!

I think there will be a lot of people willing to give it away if you are anywhere near them. Where do you live?

Oops, I'm stupid... checked your profile. SLO California... so I'm sure your better off finding some closer than Colorado.

[This message has been edited by JamesD (edited 04-06-2001).]

• BruceWA

Posted April 06, 2001 - 01:41 PM

Too late, mine went in the dumpster 2 weeks ago after hanging on my garage wall for almost 3 years.

• Tree_Crippler

Posted April 06, 2001 - 02:25 PM

Want a pretzel?

• joecallan

Posted April 06, 2001 - 03:28 PM

When I bought my bike they were already bent. A few months later, I laid it over on the street bending the other side and they were symmetrical again. I crashed and bent them twice after that... more on one side. Then the other day I crashed hard and my hand guard did some serious plow action. Now both sides match but my wrist are hurting from the angle.

So my stock bars have bent 5 times. I'm afraid that if I buy expensive bars I'm going to tweak them some more.

I'm over 40,000 dollars in debt from college and I'm still going! . Barely making it. What the hell what's another 90 bucks isn't my attitude! I have to eat and my rent is $600/month for one small as room.

so how much will someone ship some handlebars this way to:
3130 Lirio Ct.
San Luis Obispo, Ca 93401

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted April 06, 2001 - 09:31 PM

Everyone send your stock insta pretzels to Joe that way every time he crashes he can spend an hour changing his bars. I am sure some of us even have the box our protapers came in for shipping. Look out Joe here they come. Calling anyone with a late model Yamaha they are all the same bend, until you twist the throttle hard trying to pass your buddy on his KTM 520 and they rotate with the throttle. Maybe you can sell them as scrap iron when you are done to help with the starving student syndrome. Joe will be the one towing a shopping cart full of mild steel pretzels on a $10,000 WR through downtown SLO on his way to the salvage yard.

It can't be more than 5 bucks to mail them to a worthy cause.

• darbsitton

Posted April 07, 2001 - 01:34 AM

Barkbusters or other aluminum handguards help prevent bent bars and broken levers. Plastic handguards protect the hands but don't hold up under repeated thrashings. :)

• mike_dean

Posted April 07, 2001 - 04:34 AM

You can have mine for the shipping price. mike

• PMAUST

Posted April 07, 2001 - 07:17 AM

Why do you want to torture yourself? Get a good set of bars and be happy! :)

• joecallan

Posted April 07, 2001 - 04:18 PM

okay.. okay... i'll buy some good bars.. but if they bend i'm never listening to any of you punks that told me to get them again and will warn everyone on this sight that your sack of lieing :D ... if I find them as good value I'll keep it cool :D

just joking guys, don't get too worked up like Bruce in Phoenix, it may be bad for your health :)

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted April 07, 2001 - 05:58 PM

Joe,
Trust me, you won't be sorry.

Mike

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 07, 2001 - 06:37 PM

Joe,
I'm in SLO for the Penguins DS & I have a set of brand new '99 bars - unfortunately, they're in Santa Rosa :)
If I'd only gone to work yesterday to check TT....

Brian

• Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted April 07, 2001 - 08:55 PM

Hey who's worked up. My bars are boxed and ready to go Mon. My gain is your loss. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.