Oil height !!!

5 replies to this topic
  • durzer

Posted July 12, 2010 - 12:04 PM

Decided to strip down the forks after getting fed up of the harsh front end. Checked the manual and what other guys reccomended, 130 mm from top of tube, fully compressed.

Mine were full to the top, even after trying to bleed for quite some time. (Put them into a shop to get done last time)
So shocked that I rang a mate to double check.

Feeling more plush now, but have to start with the clickers again now!

• jayh300

Posted July 12, 2010 - 12:08 PM

cool deal... glad it was that easy....

• durzer

Posted July 12, 2010 - 12:43 PM

cool deal... glad it was that easy....

Easy fix but expected big problems. Last time I'll let a shop do them for me!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted July 12, 2010 - 01:23 PM

i hear ya... used to do the same thing... take them off, take them in...wait for days...pay the money....
i bought my own seal driver(way cool) and do my own now... peace of mind if nothing else...and not that hard either...
when i got my wr, the clickers were all way off... set them back to the center of the range and start there.. check sag also ...
then take a ride where you can concentrate on setting the bike up and take your time...

• JDLowrance

Posted July 12, 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hey durser,

That's pretty much what I expected. Glad it was something simple and good to hear you'll be doing you own stuff from now on.

I've had nothing but problems with so called factory trained mechanics my whole riding career. That's precisely why I learned to do everything required to maintain my bikes properly. Cheaper, you know it's done right the first time and the ever important sense of accomplishment of a job well done. Only down side is it can be a little time consuming.

John

• tribalbc

Posted July 12, 2010 - 06:29 PM

Hey durser,

That's pretty much what I expected. Glad it was something simple and good to hear you'll be doing you own stuff from now on.

I've had nothing but problems with so called factory trained mechanics my whole riding career. That's precisely why I learned to do everything required to maintain my bikes properly. Cheaper, you know it's done right the first time and the ever important sense of accomplishment of a job well done. Only down side is it can be a little time consuming.

John

Well said. Nobody's going to do as good of job on your bike as you are :smirk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.