Just ordered a rekluse pro

1 reply to this topic
  • strtdsmallproject

Posted July 11, 2010 - 05:21 PM

Just ordered a rekluse pro and i was planning on replaceing the friction disks when i install. I dont race, but plan on running some hare scrambles this fall. There is a huge price difference on the clutches. What is a good mid range price to expect or suggestion on which disks to order.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 18, 2010 - 08:39 PM

Friction disks only take 15-20 minutes at most to change out. I wouldn't change the disks unless they are out of spec. No need. The clutch plates will last just as long with the rekluse as they do with a manual clutch, probably longer if you don't use the rekluse as an exuse to ride in the wrong gear.

But when you do, the OEM clutch plates from north county yamaha are pretty cheap and they ship same day usually. I've tried but did not have success with the tusk clutch plates.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.