GPR Steering stabilizer, what why how?

10 replies to this topic
  • forklord

Posted July 11, 2010 - 10:56 AM

I went on their website to see what all the fuss is about. Can't really find much on how or if they work. Anyone care to give me some details and if they're worth it on a 07 450?

• gasnit

Posted July 12, 2010 - 02:47 AM

I have a GPR V-4 on my '09 YZ250F. I mostly race harescrambles and do some aggressive woods riding. When I first installed my GPR I thought I couldn't really tell any difference, THEN, after I had it for a couple of months I rode a friends bike w/o a stabilizer....never been so happy to get back on my bike. I think the stabilizer keeps you from having to constantly correct the front wheel, which keeps your from getting tired as quickly and it also helps to "save" the bike if you clip an obstacle with the bars. I am very happy that I got mine.

• motojase316

Posted July 12, 2010 - 02:59 AM

Posted Image

I have been running scotts dampers for around 10 years. I first seen the GPR V4 on display at the AMA MX Nationals at Glen Helen and was sold on the compact design. I am running one on my 2010 yz450f with great results.
Perfect High speed stability, seems to keep the front end planted in turns. It really makes the job easy.
If you want a good deal, find Enduro Shack on Ebay and contact Wez, He is really helpfull.

• Beatcoaster

Posted July 12, 2010 - 07:41 AM

How is the install on these(GPR V4), do you need to remove the forks or anything major?

• motojase316

Posted July 12, 2010 - 04:36 PM

No fork removal is required just the Handle bars and top clamp, replace the hardware provided fit the unit and refit the bars etc, its all straight forward.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • forklord

Posted July 12, 2010 - 06:14 PM

motojase, is that a riser and powdercoat work i see there? looks nice! the black bars i ordered were discontinued and i already paid so i think ill pu that credit toward a stabalizer and powdercoat! :smirk:

• YamaLink

Posted July 13, 2010 - 05:36 AM

I used the older versions for years on my Honda. I don't want to start a Scotts vs GPR debate, of course, but both work very well. I have a new Fastway stabilizer about to go on.

GPR's customer service rocks, too!

• Moscow Roost

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:51 AM

I used the older versions for years on my Honda. I don't want to start a Scotts vs GPR debate, of course, but both work very well. I have a new Fastway stabilizer about to go on.

GPR's customer service rocks, too!

Any update on your Fastway stabilizer? Would you recommend it over the GPR underbar mount (I'm a vertically challenged rider so I'm concerned about bar height.

• wags450

Posted February 11, 2011 - 12:24 PM

I run the GPR V1 on my 08 YZ450 and I will never go without ever again. I bought the bike used with it on it so I had nothing to compare it to. About a month ago I took it off and sent it in for service and went riding w/o it on. NEVER AGAIN it was crazy how much more work it was w/o the stabilizer.

I ride mainly desert in sand and gravel washes. Seriously makes 300% difference. I really think you should get one.

• Moscow Roost

Posted February 11, 2011 - 12:30 PM

I run the GPR V1 on my 08 YZ450 and I will never go without ever again. I bought the bike used with it on it so I had nothing to compare it to. About a month ago I took it off and sent it in for service and went riding w/o it on. NEVER AGAIN it was crazy how much more work it was w/o the stabilizer.

I ride mainly desert in sand and gravel washes. Seriously makes 300% difference. I really think you should get one.

Above the bar mount with the GPR V1 I take it? Thanks for the advice...I'm going to take it!

• wags450

Posted February 14, 2011 - 09:33 AM

Above the bar mount with the GPR V1 I take it? Thanks for the advice...I'm going to take it!

Yes its the over the bar model.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.