06 YZ450 Excel front wheel ?

2 replies to this topic
  • cuaround

Posted July 10, 2010 - 08:30 PM

Recently had to rebuild my fork seals and when I put everything back together, I noticed when I put the front axle bolt through the front hub,(I have Excel pro series hubs with the excel pro series carriers) there is a space on the right side between the hub and the bottom of the fork. Am I missing a spacer. There is already a spacer on both sides of the hub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted July 11, 2010 - 07:19 PM

Are you saying that there is nothing keeping the wheel from sliding from side to side on the axle? The axle should have a shoulder on it to take up this space. In 08 Yamaha made the right side spacer shorter and made the shoulder on the axle longer to account for the difference, is it possible you have a spacer for an 08-up and are using an 06 axle?

• cuaround

Posted July 12, 2010 - 07:29 PM

thanks for the reply, after reeding your post i looked at the axle and removed the brake caliper. the wheel does not move side to side. it stays in one place. it just looked like something was missing. thanks again for the help

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.