speedo gone crazy

5 replies to this topic
  • panaman

Posted July 10, 2010 - 07:04 AM

very strange... i can be putting along at like 30mph and it says I am doing 70
anyone else have this problem before?

• jayh300

Posted July 10, 2010 - 07:22 AM

did it switch to khm's... i have done that by mistake before...
thought i was bad fast... there is a calibration deal in the manual otherwise...
there was a thread not too long ago on here.. the calibration is not in the online manual, just in the print iirc...

this is the thread.. it is an 06 with a digital, so....

• Col Psoas

Posted July 10, 2010 - 02:41 PM

possibly a bad ground?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bandit9

Posted July 10, 2010 - 02:49 PM

Mine is doing the same thing and I'm pretty sure it's a ground problem. I just can't seem to find the fautly ground. My speedo says I doing 180mph when I'm stopped. LOL.

• ForumSn0w

Posted July 11, 2010 - 04:50 PM

When I had the battery out of mine, the numbers would jump all over the place. Once I installed a fresh battery though, the problems went away.

• tribalbc

Posted July 12, 2010 - 07:53 AM

I had a bad connection giving me a dead battery before that caused the same problem.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.